Tuesday, September 23, 2008

friends!post: Sila

Heavy-metal music. Teenage drama films. Barbie. Tattoos and Piercings.

This is one of my more random friends, who comes to our house about once a week. Her mind literally thinks polar opposite things at the same time. Sometimes, when I think there's progress with a pretty heavy topic, it's acknowledged with a, "O yeah, sure," and followed by a question like, "Is European fashion popular in America?" Of course, that comes with a personality with whom I can share anything and everything, and laugh about a lot of things. (We both have a pretty childish sense of humor.)

One of her best friends is an American teenager that lives here. Between Erin, me, and him, she hears a lot of our opinions. The most recent thing we talked about was how everything good that we do still isn't good enough for some people, kinda like our best clothes being a dirty rag for others. We're not sure if it sunk in or not.

She's really interested in spirits, claiming that she sees them all the time. I think a lot of it is brought on, even though I believe she's telling the truth. She believes that the only thing that can stop these things is reciting some things from her family's book. The book has power. Any other method that we tell her about is good, but it obviously has nothing to do with her. I hope she tries another method one day.