Monday, February 16, 2009

nuggets of truth

[computer update: my laptop has been working for a whole 7 days now. I don't know if this means God has answered my many prayers, or if it is just going to surprise me one day...regardless, I am very thankful]

The following are some pieces of truth that have hit me especially hard this week. (If you hadn't noticed, I've been heavy in the wisdom literature.)

Psalm 19:7-9:
The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul;
The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the LORD are true; they are righteous altogether.

Psalm 19:14, "Let me words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight."

Psalm 21:7, 13, "For the king trusts in the LORD, and through the lovingkindness of the Most High he will not be shaken....Be exalted, O LORD, in Your strength; we will sing and praise Your power."

Psalm 22 - I'm saving this for a completely different post for its awesomeness.

Proverb 14:4, "Where no oxen are, the manger is clean; but much revenue comes by the strength of the ox."

Isaiah 49:5-7 - this is also for a completely different post

Matthew 10:16-23

1 Peter 3:13-22